1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay-Z is the holy grail of n**** rap

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not my words or thought but that of Whitlock in an interesting column on the rise
    of Jay Z as a sports agent:

" Jay-Z is the holy grail of n*gga rap, the proper name for the genre of music that made Shawn Carter one of our president’s best friends. Oh, I’m sure that’s upsetting and disconcerting for some of you to read. You’d prefer I label the Jigga Man a gangsta rapper. He isn’t. He’s a n*gga rapper. Listen to his music.

On the opening track of "Magna Carta", a song dominated by Timberlake’s singing, Jay-Z pops in just enough to rattle off "n*gga" eight times. He’s perfected the art form of repeatedly saying the N-word over slickly produced musical beats while telling stories about fame, fortune, family and a former life of crime."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/jay-z-as-sports-agent-not-good-for-athletes-or-sports-070913

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Boom gets to use the word! He is so happy!

Thank god for Riley Cooper!

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This column is more than a month old and, if memory serves, has already been discussed here.

It's as lazy as Jason Whitlock.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

troll troll troll the boat

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

8/13/13--5:00 pm EST.

Draft saved Draft deleted