1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Mohr writing for FoxSports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 6, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering he doesn't realize that L.A. has TWO soccer teams.

2. Fox has made some solid moves recently. This is NOT one of them. Maybe Carrot Top turned them down first.

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I think I agree with that last sentence.

4. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Mohr actually wrote at SI.com previously, too.

5. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

I think that was a throwaway column that he may or may not have been told to write. I'll give him one or two more chances. I've always thought he was funny. But he's going to need to cut back on saying things "suck." I will tolerate little of that.

6. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

It's funny how playing a sports agent in a movie all of a sudden makes you qualified as a sports columnist. If only those who put in the time and really learned how to be a good columnist got these kinds of opportunities. . .

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Mizzou, did you really like Mohr's SNL book? Thought it was horrible. Bitter, angry and completely unfunny. I think I laughed once in the entire book. A book by a comedian about a comedy show should, by its nature, be vaguely funny. Again, great Walken impersonation, but that's starting to lose its relevance, too.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess the movies aren't coming his way much any more.

9. Holy fuck. That was bad in ways I can't even describe.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, but he is MCing at a World of Warcraft convention ... http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/07/27/jay-mohr-performing-at-blizzcon/

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Newsflash to Mohr: The Devils have left the building. See you in Newark!

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Why, dear god why, does he get to call himself a sports writer. I like that the only qualification he has for that fact is that he is a sports fanatic. Wow, how unique.

Draft saved Draft deleted