1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Mohr writing for FoxSports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Egads.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7080430

2. statrat

statrat Member

The Fire Joe Morgan Guys already eviscerated him. It looks like he will providing them with plenty of work over the next year, and that makes my day!

http://www.firejoemorgan.com/search/label/jay%20mohr

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

His shot at Seinfeld comes off as pure jealousy. The rest of the column comes off as pure stupidity.

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Citizen Sportswriting

::)

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ugh...very tempted to move this thread so the words "Jay Mohr" and "journalism topics" aren't so close together.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I like his Walken impression, really like his wife (Nikki Cox), liked the TV show Action, but is this the future of sportswriting? First the FSU chick and the supermodel at SI.com and now this?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Mohr's book on SNL was actually really good...

Last Comic Standing was good when he was actively involved. Now it just blows...

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

My gosh, this is bad. Really bad.

The kind of bad that if some young plebe for the Snake's Navel Shopper and Observer wrote this and one of the denizens of the sandbox discovered it, well, it'd be Release the Hounds Time.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Cool.

Yet another reason to continue to ignore foxsports.com.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I thought we were done with this when Mohr Sports got cancelled by ESPN.

11. statrat

statrat Member

My favorite part has to be when he writes this:
    "I hate the designated hitter rule in baseball. A baseball player should not have a 15-year career without owning a mitt. If pitchers hit in both leagues, sure scoring would go down — but getting drilled in the back would be way, way up."
    "And then contradicts it in the next sentence with this: I don't think Roger Clemens would have decapitated Mike Piazza in the World Series if he was due to lead off the next inning."

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I liked this line: I find it hilarious that Los Angeles has a soccer team but no football team. Soccer sucks. Most soccer games end by a score of 2-1. If you played the entire game without goalies, it would end 9-8.

I wonder how much he's making for what probably took him 15 minutes to write.

Draft saved Draft deleted