1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Mariotti has a column again, for some reason

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 17, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I have no idea what happened between him and that woman, but you don't need a psych degree to understand the anger, bitterness and delusion that's at work here.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sooooo ... how do you feel about the Sun-Times?

What an unhinged mess that was.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've liked reading Sherman since the days when he was "The Conscience of College Football" (Hello, Terry Boers!), but this was ... wow...

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I presume, without doing any reporting because that is exactly how Jay rolls, he believes Schilling's video game company severely wronged the state of Rhode Island by going under and Schilling should go to prison because of it.

Can I just say, by the way, that I have no use for columnists who literally do ZERO reporting? It's such a tired act.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Reporting is for softies.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

In more than two decades of marriage, we never had such problems in a loving, peaceful household in suburban Chicago.

Until I bailed on her ass to find some new tail in SoCal. I've done every midlife crisis stereotype a man hav.... wait, have you seen my convertible yet?

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I personally believe it was a mistake for him to go to the face-lift guy with a picture of The Joker and say "make me look like that."

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm presuming that as well. I live in Rhode Island, which is understandably slanted on this, but even then not everyone thinks Schilling is some crook. The anger and fury is more with the legislature and the now-gone governor, who essentially gambled about X times the usual yearly budget for economic development on a tech and video game start-up, despite said company not getting interest in the venture capital circles, and mostly as a grab for jobs from Massachusetts.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Anyone on the fence shouldn't be, after the incomprehensible defense of Skippy "I'll Say ANYTHING To Stir Shit" Bayless and Screamin' A. "If It Ain't The NBA or Selected Philadelphia Short Subjects, Don't Ask MEEEEE" Smith.

Wow. Just. Wow.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Jay Mariotti has a column again -- kinda -- with ESPN.com:

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/february/jay-mariotti-is-back-to-work-sort-of.html

Draft saved Draft deleted