1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Mariotti has a column again, for some reason

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 17, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Continuing to court Mariotti does not speak well of Eig's otherwise fine career.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Yes, the carnival midway factor as a click generator has worn off already, I think.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

C'mon, Jay only works when he has to, and it's everyone else's fault:

http://www.shermanreport.com/qa-jay-mariotti-on-two-years-spotlight-version-happened-return/

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

His lack of self-awareness is frightening.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, we have a clue, Jay.

And playing "O Mighty One" when seldomifever venturing to a locker room doesn't cut it.

We understand very well what you are, Jay. So do many others.

Screaming and yelling in print for the weakest Chicago coach/manager to get the axe should not be the primary purpose of a major-metro column. You've overlooked that basic point, repeatedly.

I really like most of what Sherman's doing with his new site. However, this interlude disappoints me, greatly.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Holy shit, that was the most unhinged, insane blathering I've read since Mark 2010's last post.

(kidding)

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

How can anyone say this man doesn't still have "it"? #crushedit #LAlife #bitchesbecRaZy

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Come on, dude's a former opinionated ESPN commentator of Italian heritage, it's a heavy burden. Cut him some slack.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Drool Factor there is markedly off the charts.

Any further commentary would be superfluous.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In more than two decades of marriage, we never had such problems in a loving, peaceful household in suburban Chicago. The LAPD is reckless. The system out here is a money-gouging, plea-bargain machine.

I feel like maybe he skipped some steps between "two decades of marriage" and the "loving, peaceful household," and the circumstances that led to his plea bargain in Los Angeles.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Curt Schilling should be in jail, for ... ? The guy's a blowhard but he hasn't been accused of doing anything illegal.

Draft saved Draft deleted