1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Leno's last "Tonight" is tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by finishthehat, May 29, 2009.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My parents were always huge Leno fans, so I've watched several shows beginning to end, especially if I loved the musical guests.

And yes, someone mentioned Headlines. That was always my favorite part of the show and probably the thing I'll miss the most.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Apparently the new show is going to be heavy on "skits"

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Brought to you by Bad Idea Jeans, no doubt.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Leg-and-a-leg-and-a-leg. No wait ...

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

"I was going to wear a condom, but I thought, 'When am I ever gonna be in Haiti again?'"

6. Castaway

Castaway New Member

You know, you're probably right, but I thought I read guests in the entertainment field, though I may be wrong too.

I'm not watching it either, so someone let us know in the fall.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Leno and his people scored major points with me back in the day (at the Nation's Nicepaper) when they would call with cool Jay sports quips that I could get onto Page 2.

All that equity thrown away with the dancing Itos.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Having Larry King once a week wasn't enough?

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Wow. Nothing on tonight's Tonight Show?

I thought it was a pretty decent sendoff. Jay took a couple of hilarious shots at NBC ("We're taking a gamble....that NBC will be on in three months.) but all in all I thought he came off pretty decent.

You could tell he doesn't want to leave though. Guess he should have thought about that five years ago.

Oh, and I REALLY can't wait until Conan. Dude looks ready to rock my socks off.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That was the first late show I've watched beginning to end since Letterman's prime in the 80s.

I like showing all the kids at the end. Good legacy there for Leno.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

conan has to be better than leno, who has NEVER brought as much as a smile to my face. really. :( :( :(

i am very confident conan will be a huge improvement. i feel at least a few grins coming on. ;D ;D ;D

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

That clip they showed of the old people focus group had me grinning. Brilliant idea. Can't wait to see that next week.

Draft saved Draft deleted