1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Leno to stay at NBC and air at 10 p.m.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Dec 8, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ferguson seems as if he's off his meds. But I have a feeling there's a method to his madness.

2. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

The bitch in me wants O'Brien to win this, but I can't see anybody snagging it from Colbert given the Iraq stuff he did this year.

The writing nod, I can see Conan taking.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Colbert in Iraq was incredibly strong - the gays in the military thing? - Obama ordering Colbert to get his hair cut? Brilliant stuff.
    I don't know how Jon Stewart picks which episode to run, and I'm curious to find out which episode they submitted. The Jim Cramer thing was submitted last year - right?

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Count me among the lovers of Ferguson. I started watching his show after Conan went to "Tonight" and wished I'd started sooner. His book was great, too.

Kimmel's show is actually gaining viewers, too.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

ABC has got to be the smartest of the networks at the late night game. Nightline and Kimmel destroys any of the other combinations and probably costs a fifth of what Letterman-Ferguson or Leno-Fallon do.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It basically says the demographic of posters here is unlikely to watch the "traditional" shows. That's about all it says.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Just found the Craig Ferguson - Stephen Fry show on You Tube. Great stuff!

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Though they had me from "go" when they said it was going to be with Fry. I'm a longtime fan of his, too — from back when he and Hugh Laurie were a team. That was a great hour, tho.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm with you on Fry. Used to get "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" on the CBC and, of course, "Jeeves and Wooster" on PBS. Can't get enough of either of them.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Adam Carolla, frequent Tonight Show guest, on The Tonight Show...

"It's like McDonalds. Everybody goes there, but they don't produce anything of quality."

Draft saved Draft deleted