1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Leno Just Climaxed And Doesn't Know Why

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm not a car buff, but this is cool. Nieces and nephews find ancient "hot rod" in their dead uncle's garage.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/article5430023.ece

Apparently, there were only 17 of these made and they were twice as fast as any car back in its day.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If they clean it up and take it to Barrett-Jackson ... Jesus. Sells on Saturday and easily breaks the record (which is $5 million for a 1967 Shelby Cobra 427 one-off, set in 2007).

That's a find on par with Futurliner #11 a couple of years ago. Found in a junkyard, restored, sold at Barrett-Jackson for $4 million.

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Sold!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_BRITAIN_CAR_AUCTION?SITE=DCTMS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I know it seems ridiculous to say it "only" got $4.4 million, but it was thought it could have brought in double that amount. I'd be a touch disappointed.

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

From what I read, it brought it $4.4 million unrestored. So they pulled it out of the barn, dusted it off and got a huge payday. I'm sure it would have sold for a bunch more had the family taken the time and expense to restore it.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought Conan O'Brien had just died.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He was great on Home Improvement and the Fresh Prince. He's A-OK in my book.

Draft saved Draft deleted