1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Glazer, so far over the line he can't see it

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 9, 2009.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

How is this different than Silver bragging about all the meals, drinks, club covers he picks up for athletes ?

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

How is it different than writing books with potential sources?

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I don't know if readers ever cared about that kind of stuff.

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Observing his shaved-head, muscle-shirt act close up, I have often wondered what the lab would tell us, if someone could get the guy to pee in a cup ...

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Excellent point.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

He's been dating Michael Strahan for years. His tough-guy act is comical. He's about four feet tall and from what I hear, his "training" consists of his big mouth running all day in the gym.

7. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

With absolutely zero offense meant to I_W, this thread got started over this and not when he recently did the Subway commercial with Michael Strahan? ::)

8. silentbob

silentbob Member

They don't, and when it comes to sports, I'm not sure they ever did.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Schefter wrote books with Shanahan and Terrell Davis when he was covering the Broncos. Most of ESPN's NFL staff has been bought and sold so many times it's not even funny.

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Fans don't care, and most never have, because they want to be doing the same thing with their favorite players or any major athlete.

Media management doesn't care because this kind of association draws attention to the employee and publication or station. So they get ratings, readers and Web viewers.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I'm not sure where that fits in the scale. Business expenses like that are a much grayer area, unless I'm missing something. We've been picking up checks for interview subjects and sources for years -- of course, now many hope the athlete will offer because the paper or whatever won't pay.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bring it, bitch.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted