1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Glazer, so far over the line he can't see it

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know, I know ... he's a talking head, not a real journalist even though he plays one on TV.

But he's now involved with training NFL players!?! He's leading Leinart through MMA training. He did the same for Jared Allen last summer.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/66341/index.html

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

This is incredible. Why hasn't more of a fuss been made about this?

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

Ratings (for some shows) aside, so few people respect what Fox does in its various platforms and channels that questionable behavior is expected.

4. Inky_Wretch

If he's working as a player's trainer, then doesn't that make anything he reports on that player and his team suspect?

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

don't mess with jay. he may be the most thin-skinned person in the biz and isn't above threatening to punch your lights out if you cross him. :eek: :eek: :eek:

that said, he does a terrific job. but crossing lines has NEVER given him pause. he'll do anything he can to ingratiate himself to players, yet i also must commend him for having a good number of front-office sources, too.

to wrap it up, jay is a tough nut to categorize. part ace journalist, part fanboi suckup. ::) ::) ::)

6. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

He gets scoops. If he didn't get scoops or protected guys, he wouldn't be doing this.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I throw up in my mouth every time I see him write "scoopage."

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is he still BFF and running hills until he pukes with Tiki Barber?

9. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

I don't know if readers give a crap about this kind of stuff any more ... which is kind of sad.

10. Inky_Wretch

Even worse, it appears management doesn't give a crap.

11. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

agreed. they just want scoops, no matter what.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

exactly. the tv networks are all about scoops and access, not about pure "journalism." which is why they go by a different set of ethics and ground rules.

not judging right or wrong here. just saying it's much different than print.

Draft saved Draft deleted