1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Cutler

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 6, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or in my kitchen. Might be in yours though.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

He's a prick and has been since high school. It's just how he is.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Since I have never met Cutler and never will, I don't care what he's like. He's played better this year, but I remain unconvinced he's a top level quarterback. He can prove me wrong, if so more power to him, but I still don't see it.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

He give you a wedgie?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don't think it's his personality, although I don't doubt what people say about him. There's always this hatred of guys who have physical talents but don't quite have the mental part of whatever sport they are playing.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

He comes across as a pouty bitch. Which is not a good image for a man. Not really a good image for a woman either for that matter.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's not dumb at all.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He makes very, very bad decisions on the football field. Or at least he did before the last month or so.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, he also acts that way when there is no reason to act that way.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I don't think he's saying dumb, just that as far as playing QB, his mental abilities (decision-making) don't match his athletic abilities (strong arm, mobility). For his career, that's been the case. He's turned that around for the most part this season. No secret I hope that sticks.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

My main problem with Cutler, as a Bears fan, is that he seems to have such incredible potential, but the only thing he does consistently well is forget his mechanics. I truly do believe his arm is as strong as anyone that's ever played in the NFL. It's Favre-in-his-prime strong. But because it's so strong, he thinks he can throw off his back foot, almost like he's shooting fade-away jumpers. The game against the Redskins earlier this year was embarrassing for how bad his mechanics were, and it drives me a little crazy that either he won't listen, or no one seems to be able to understand what a problem it is.

His pouty spoiled teenager thing wouldn't bother me that much if he was actually coachable.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Despite my hope for Cutler, I cringe every time he drops back. Although that has more to do with 30 years of watching Bears QBs than it does Jay Cutler.

Draft saved Draft deleted