1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Cutler: The most romantic person on Earth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 7, 2013.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He proposed to Kristin Cavallari via text message, and then mailed the engagement ring to her:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137005/article/kristin-cavallari-jay-cutler-proposed-to-me-by-text

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This is the second time they've been engaged and they already have a kid together, so I guess the "old fashioned romance" went out the window a long time ago.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hope the kid gets Jay's infectious smile. :D

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sometimes you get a rush of emotion when you leave someone at an airport and realize you won't see them for a while.

That's all I got.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I don't think Jay wants the toy dog for life. This is the kind of thing you do when you don't really want to get married, but do want to get someone to stop talking about it.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"If I give you this ring will you shut the hell up?"

Yeah, that sounds like Cutler.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

I tried that. It doesn't work.

Twenty-five years later, she still won't shut the hell up.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm shocked he didn't mail it to the wrong address.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I love these two.

They get together. They get engaged. He cheats on her. They break it off. She makes him repent by showing up on "Dancing with the Stars" to support her. Something I am sure he was loathe to do. She "accidentally" gets knocked up. She bears a son and immediately heads back out on the party circuit. He proposes to her again via text message and resubmits her engagement ring via (I would hope) overnight mail.

These fucking people.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

And on the flip side of that coin, Tim Tebow is one hell of a hand-holder.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Actually, didn't Jason Campbell have something scandalous go down at his wedding? Did he and the bride cancel on the spot or something? I could be wrong about that.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/reliable-source/post/jason-campbell-and-fiancee-jenny-montes-call-off-wedding--just-hours-before-ceremony/2012/02/21/gIQAeGVXRR_blog.html

Draft saved Draft deleted