1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Cutler requests trade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Mar 16, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I know Sam hates this, but Carolina should be on the phone, and Tennessee should be as well.

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Point taken, although being offensive coordinator for a record-breaking offense is worth something.

I think he's an exceptional offensive mind. Weiss's offenses were never as creative or successful in New England (although they didn't feature Moss/Welker either) and has proven the same at Notre Dame. I don't know about his head coaching ability, but McDaniels could do some very good things with Cutler and the wideouts in Denver. As far as defense goes.......as a frequent member of Patriots training camp in those years, everybody knew who the "real" D-Coordinator was.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Look at the QB positioin in the NFL and you're telling me a team in need of a young QB wouldn't give up a 1 for him? I'd take that bet any day of the week. If I'm Denver I'd want more than a 1. Time will tell.

4. 93Devil

What about a current team swapping their current starter and a pick for Cutler?

Jacksonville? Washington? Cincinnati?

Why does this trade have to be about draft picks?

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Sam's point is that Cutler's punk act won't play well on that team. If Cutler gets out of line, do you think Steve Smith won't light him up?

The Jets have needed a young quarterback since, oh, Namath. The question is can Cutler not act the fool? Let's be honest. There are a ton of media outlets that cover the Jets. Everyone's looking for a story. What sells papers better than a bratty quarterback pouting?

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Tavaris Jackson? Grossman? Drew Stanton?

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

cutler is an immature brat but he has rare -- i mean, favre-like rare -- ability when it comes to throwing a football. his behavior ha been less than exemplary.

that said, he's a lot more proven to me than freakin' boy-coach josh mcdaniels, yet another belichick wannabe. i expect my young stars to occasionally act their age. i expect much more from my nfl head coaches -- only now my nfl head coaches are often just past puberty.

i think denver would be nuts to dump cutler, but if they do, i also believe they will have no trouble getting at least a no. 1 pick. how much more depend upon how high a no. 1 pick it is.

if i'm the lions, i'd give up the no. 1 overall for cutler, damn straight -- IF they plan on using the pick on an iffy qb prospect like stafford. if they plan on building with an o-tackle first, maybe not. but i'm a big fan of cutler's rare passing talent.

methinks pat bowlen already wishes he had never fired shanahan. mckid is no shanahan or belichick.

p.s. the reason folks talk about trading cutler for draft pick is that the team lining up for him don't have a qb worth a bleep. say the vikes (t-jax) or jets (ratliff? clemens?) or whoever give up one of their qb bozos in the deal -- i'd still want a no. 1 pick from the team, too.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Ever known anyone with diabetes? Sacks generally don't lead to foot problems, daily checking of one's blood, and a constant need to watch what you eat.

This is like saying "Playing Madden on PlayStation would make someone a competent NFL quarterback."

So, so far off the mark.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Bus Cook
    Baby Agent

10. 93Devil

So he has a better chance to be done in by diabetes than concussions or the everyday pounding an NFL QB takes?

I know plenty of people with "sugar." My father was one, but I do not see to many people who are in shape (pro athlete shape) having foot problems.

My question is/was, how certain is it he will have diabetes problems during his career (before he reaches 35)? 10 percent? 50 percent?

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Maybe Cutler wants to be closer to home because Holiday World in Santa Claus, Ind., is opening the world's tallest water-flume ride, and it's going to be kickass.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If he controls his eating he shouldn't have a problem, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted