1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Cutler requests trade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Mar 16, 2009.

1. derwood

derwood Active Member

Cutler and Calvin Johnson make for a nice offensive foundation.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You can't forget.... he has aggressive diabetes.

It affects the bones.

3. mb

mb Active Member

Denver *should* be able to get a king's ransom from Detroit, you'd think. I'd be surprised if the Lions wouldn't be willing to do anything to make people forget about 0-16 and actually get them excited for next year.

It leaves Denver with no QB, but it's not like they've been making the playoffs *with* Cutler.

/still think he's staying put

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So do Bart Scott and Ray Lewis.

Does his medical situation really come that much into play? Will this bone condition show up in 8-9 seasons?

5. Simon_Cowbell

Ray Lewis and Bart Scott have type 1 diabetes?

Wow.... I stand corrected then.

Mea culpa.

6. 93Devil

No, but having them blast you a few times each season (or playing in the NFL in general) can be pretty degenerative to any skeletal system.

7. Cutler may not have won much in Nashville, Vol fan, but I seem to remember him leading a team of nerds to victory over the almighty Vols and all their Rivals 12-star recruits in Knoxville.

sincerely,
    Vanderbilt fanboy loser

8. mb

mb Active Member

I'm not saying he doesn't have it, but I get "Ray Lewis is Jewish" on google before I get anywhere near "Ray Lewis has diabetes."

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Denver won't get a first-rounder for a player who has been OK at best and has demanded a trade. McDaniels has already made it clear he would have preferred Cassel.

They'll be lucky to get a No. 2 for Cutler.

10. 93Devil

That was my bad.

Any NFL linebacker sacking you might hurt your body as bad as Diabetes is what I was suggesting.

11. mb

mb Active Member

That's the wild thing about this.

On one hand, it's a "franchise QB" coming off a Pro Bowl season and those guys pretty much aren't ever available.

On the other, you can make a hell of an argument that he ran up a bunch of stats because Shanahan turned him loose (and the defense and running game were so shitty).

Somebody will be seduced enough to offer *at least* a first-rounder.

/and I *still* don't think he's going anywhere

12. Simon_Cowbell

You can reduce the number of times you get hit. You can be Dan Marino, or Ken O'Brien.

Draft saved Draft deleted