1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Cutler requests trade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Mar 16, 2009.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I just can't believe the Broncos would let him go. You'd be sending a message that the '09 season is a rebuilding, 6-10, 7-9 kind of year.

He's a young, talented QB who has shown signs of turning into something. Team spend years and millions of dollars to find someone like that. Now they're just going to dump him because he's upset?

My prediction: Lots of drama, and then we see Cutler start Week 1 and never hear about it again.

Unless, of course, I'm wrong.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And the biggest reason of all is that the McCaskeys are too fucking cheap to pay for a quality quarterback.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Cutler/Rosenfels would be a very nice QB combo with Sage only hitting the field when Cutler is hurt.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Please, Jerry Jones NE, please trade a 1 and a 2 for Cutler[/quote]

That's not fair at all. Jerry has three Super Bowl rings. Woody Johnson has stock in Q-Tips.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How do you top the overall No. 1?

Denver could get that and at least another pick from the Lions then flip the overall No. 1 for a bunch of other draft picks.

If I'm Denver I return the Lions' call first. It's a win-win for the Broncos:

You get the overall No.1 - and the negotiating high ground that comes with it.

And you fuck Cutler by sending him to Detroit.

6. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

I wouldn't quite call him Grossman II, if the Bears would indeed trade for him. Doesn't Cutler have mobility? I haven't watched a lot of Broncos games, but isn't that one of his biggest strengths, making plays out of the pocket?

7. 93Devil

The Jets are involved.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Titans should send VY and whatever pick the Broncos ask for and bring Cutler back to Nashville. Winning there would be a change of pace for him.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's not fair at all. Jerry has three Super Bowl rings. Woody Johnson has stock in Q-Tips.
    [/quote]

Because once upon a time, Jerry Jones actually did something smart. He put Jimmy Johnson in charge and stayed out of his way long enough for Johnson to build him a three-time Super Bowl championship team. I know Johnson was gone by the time they won that third title, but he still deserves more credit for the team that won Super Bowl XXX than Barry Switzer does.

This whole thing is incredibly stupid. The only thing I can think of is McDaniels really doesn't like Cutler and he wanted to create an excuse to cut him loose.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Because once upon a time, Jerry Jones actually did something smart. He put Jimmy Johnson in charge and stayed out of his way long enough for Johnson to build him a three-time Super Bowl championship team. I know Johnson was gone by the time they won that third title, but he still deserves more credit for the team that won Super Bowl XXX than Barry Switzer does.

This whole thing is incredibly stupid. The only thing I can think of is McDaniels really doesn't like Cutler and he wanted to create an excuse to cut him loose.[/quote]

I told the esteemed Mr. Mills this and I truly believe it. The Pats and Broncos had a deal in place, Cassel for Cutler and Belichick was going to turn around a trade Cutler to a team that needed a QB for a pick. Unfortunately for McDaniels, Pioli backdoored him at the last minute.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I told the esteemed Mr. Mills this and I truly believe it. The Pats and Broncos had a deal in place, Cassel for Cutler and Belichick was going to turn around a trade Cutler to a team that needed a QB for a pick. Unfortunately for McDaniels, Pioli backdoored him at the last minute.
    [/quote]

That makes some sense, but it seems like McDaniels hasn't even really tried to smooth things over with Cutler since then.

12. 93Devil

[/quote]

Isn't that some odd form of collusion?

Draft saved Draft deleted