1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Cutler requests trade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Quarterback Jay Cutler,who has started for the last 2 1/2 seasons, has officially asked the Denver Broncos to trade him.

Two thoughts: He might look REALLY good in purple with a running game. How on earth do you go from Mike Shanahan to Josh McDaniels?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Titans, Panthers, Bucs, Lions, Vikings and Bears should be on every available phone line to Denver right now.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Would love to see the Bears pick him up, but I have nightmares that they would turn him into Grossman II -- big arm, not adverse to forcing balls into places they shouldn't go, still no receivers to throw to so see previous point and repeat.

4. Mike and Mike said something about the Jets being really interested.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Oh, I'm sure there will be no shortage of interested suitors.

The problem with the Bears is not Grossman or Cutler --- who as you said could well be Grossman II -- its the offense. It's a ball-control, run-oriented offense that asks the QB to just not make mistakes, hit the dump off passes and manage the game. Part of that is playing in Chicago winds and weather and part is that's the way they call games and it won't matter who is taking the snaps.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Please, Jerry Jones NE, please trade a 1 and a 2 for Cutler

7. 93Devil

Denver will receive a #1 and two other picks, at minimum for Cutler.

I think a #1, #3, #5 sounds right, but the if the Jets are involved, I am guessing #1, #1 in 2010 and a #2.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Would Minnesota be in the mix, having recently traded -- yes, I know he sucks --- for Rosenfels?

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The Lions have 2 No.1 picks and 2 No. 3 picks.

PULL THE TRIGGER... GIVE THE PICKS THE COWBOYS GAVE YOU FOR ROY WILLIAMS.

10. 93Devil

I think Denver would take the #1 overall for Cutler no questions asked, but you never know if another franchise will up that ante.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm going to disagree and say he doesn't suck. But he shouldn't be a starter, that's for sure.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sam_Mills just kicked a puppy and he doesn't know why. (Ok, Sam wouldn't really kick a puppy, but I don't think Zeke would really kill hoboes, either. One, maybe two, but I think that would be it.)

Draft saved Draft deleted