1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaws

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeff_Rake, Oct 2, 2006.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Re: SHUT UP KORNHEISER

I am sure Kornheiser would agree McNabb won some people some games in fantasy this week. I know he won it for me.
    My Lineup Kornheiser
    D. McNabb
    C. Dillon
    E. James
    T. Glenn
    C. Johnson
    B. Watson
    Dallas def
    D. Akers
    scored me some 82 point on yahoo. Good job McNabb

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Well, I can go to bed and rest easy now.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pretty much, yeah.

And did anyone else find it funny to hear Michele Tafoya to expound on Koren Robinson's alcohol problems?

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The booth is an unquestioned failure at this point.

5. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I really think this booth has no cohesion right now and I highly doubt it will ever. I don't know why they just didn't take the sunday night crew and put it on Monday night. I though they balanced each other out pretty well.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Because, sometimes you apparently just gotta make changes for the sake of making changes.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because he can't get his facts straight this season. Like after he mentioned that a punt rolled dead down at the 2-yard line, he said, "They're going to have 97 yards to go for a touchdown."

Um, yeah.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Or that he said it was a Ben Franklin statue (it's William Penn). They all suck. Tony panders, Theisman contradicts and Tirico tries to sound like he knows what he's talking about but usually f*cks up the facts.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Same here. I hate fantasy sports!

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Actually I prefer the comfy chair.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I watched probably a quarter of the game and for th efirst five minutes, I didn't think Kornheiser was there. Nothing. Was he sick? Was there a fight?

Then the Eagles scored their first touchdown, and Tony said something to the effect of, I think the Eagles would rather have the ball in Donovan McNabb's hands than anyone else on the team".

Oh. Okay.

I mute the in-game player interviews, and I've been lucky enough not to hear fantasy stuff, so I haven't been irritated while watching. But Kornheiser has either been silent, or pedestrian. And pedestrian might be reaching it.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

With the exception of his FFL team, which seems to have the largest roster of any FFL team ever, Kornheiser is doing exactly what they hired him NOT to do: Talk about the game. Make football points.

Tony, any of us could call a game as badly as you. They hired you for personality. Rip a guy or two. Quit trying to be Joe Announcerguy.

Draft saved Draft deleted