1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaws

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeff_Rake, Oct 2, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Re: SHUT UP KORNHEISER

Boy I miss The Smiths.

Nice job Songbird.

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Kornheiser thinks that people in philly hate TO. Ok good one.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Repeat from other thread ...

Jesus H. Christ, I didn't think this was humanly possible, but Ahmed Carroll is making me pine for the halcyon days of Bhawoh Jue. And the Pope can relate how much I love Bhawoh Jue.

Get his sorry ass off the fucking field! I don't care if you have to call Herb Adderley out of retirement. Hell, I'll take Mark Lee or bust Mossy Cade out of the clink. Anything ...

Rant time ...

As for Kornheiser, I'm being kind to say he has the most basic of analyses. Favre and McNabb, they're stars! Favre loves the game! McNabb has had a Job-like tortured career! And for the first 10 minutes of the game, all T.O. all the time!

That's all you got, TK? You remind me of a first-year stringer I have to instruct to write for a knowledgable audience instead of writing in general. We KNOW Favre loves the game. We KNOW Favre and McNabb are stars. We KNOW McNabb has gone through a lot of shit. ANYONE who watches the NFL with any kind of regularity knows this shit ad nauseum.

Bring something else to the table other than master of the obvious fawning bullshit. It's like having E! cover the NFL.

But I guess that stands to reason, because Kornheiser has E!-ified has columns for years now. He NEVER knows anything more than the most cursory basic shit about anything outside of the Beltway (can't speak to his knowledge inside it). You'd think he'd prepare his way around it, instead of looking like me when I crammed all night for a semester exam. You can probably wing it with the best of 'em in a column, ain't working on a broadcast. I mean, DO YOU FUCKING KNOW ABOUT ANY PLAYER OTHER THAN FAVRE AND MCNABB? It's pathetic.

And why the hell did they interview Steve McNair DURING THE FUCKING GAME? That shit couldn't wait until halftime? Oh wait, we needed the sublimely fascinating insight that is Jacked Up!

I too want Nessler, Vermeil and Jaworski, but I know it will never happen.

ESfuckingPN, stop emphasizing the E and start paying attention to the god damn S. The games still matter, and I for one, would like to enjoy a broadcast for the merit of the game, not all the shallow hype bullshit.

Rant over.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

[​IMG]

And considering that Bubs wanted these devices used on Jue, I can't even imagine what he wants used on Carroll.

EDIT: And come to think of it, I'd prefer to have these devices used on me than have to listen to Joey Theesman.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

You know it's the end of the world when a Vikings fan agrees wholeheartedly with a Packers fan on something football-related.

What he said.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Cmon, Bubs ... It's not necessary to know Aaron Rodgers from Mr. Rogers.

7. farmerjerome

Am I the only one who doesn't mind either of them?

8. Bubbler

And just for the record, I just as frustrated with TK when the Packers were up 10-9 at half as I was when I wrote the post above, which came about the time that Ahmed Carroll was doing his matador impression.

Kornheiser was at it again a few minutes back, relaying the good feelings we all had during that MNF game after Favre's dad died.

Well, at risk of going into total dick mode and having lost my mom as a child, it needs to be said that Favre's dad died three years ago. It's freaking over. Stop dredging it up every damn time he steps on the field. I'm sure Favre is honored in one way by people's remberances, in another way, however, I wonder whether HE wants people to move on too. It's ridiculous pandering to some emotional angle that loses its fire by the year, and the longer you get away from it, the more it comes off as contrived.

And here he goes again, I'm a Packer fan, and I WANT YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT FAVRE!

9. Bubbler

I'm going to lose some credibility here. I don't care for Thiesmann, but I don't have the fiery-eyed, peasant-with-a-torch-ready-to-kill-Dracula hate some do for him. His fatal flaw is he contradicts himself about 90 times a game.

And, well, he's a preening dick. Was worse as a player, though.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"Ball on turf
    The Eagles are kicking our behinds
    And it's not like any other fumble
    This one's different, because it's mine..."

"Fumble in the red zone
    I know, I know, it's serious..."

"Good drive for a change
    You know the luck I've had
    Can make a good man turn bad
    So please, please, please
    Let me hold on to the ball
    God knows, it would be the first time..."

11. farmerjerome

Hey, I just think it's fun to listen to guys when they're wrong all the time. For example, Listening to Coach Mac call a Syracuse game on the radio is tons of fun. It's the highlight of my week because the guy can't hear or see anything. I love Coach Mac, so it's pure enjoyment.

Plus, the way the 'Cuse have been playing for the past couple of seasons, I need a little sunshine. Did I mention that Time Warner has now fucked us out of several games, so you can only hear the game on the radio?

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I would rather listen to Howard Cossel in his current state than this announcing team anymore. Completely pathetic.

Draft saved Draft deleted