1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaws

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeff_Rake, Oct 2, 2006.

1. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Re: SHUT UP KORNHEISER

I hope Leinart left a nice tip on the dresser after last night's telecast.

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I will admit to not watching much of last nights game but this constant ripping of Kornheiser is getting a little tiring and just plain retarded. I am sure you all could do a better job in the booth that is why you are NOT doing the games. Seems to me most of the people ripping Kornheiser are just plain jealous because he is/was a sportwriter who made it into television. Instead of complaining and ripping on the guy maybe you could make yourselves better and get on the ultimate media (TV).

3. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

No, it's because he sucks. It's a high-profile position. And it's going to come under scrutiny. And after 10 or so games (counting the preseason), it has not been good and it's not getting any better and there are no signs that it will get better.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As Frist attached the Internet gaming rider to the homeland security bill, so Poindexter gets in a dig at Plaschke during a MNF critique. Not necessarily a criticism, but it did make me giggle. Should Kornheiser be discussing Peyton Manning's win-shares?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In this scenario, TK is a disease.

Theeeeeesman is a malignancy.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Aside from his falsetto whine, the only thing sadder than Kornheiser's commentary is his "Tony! Tony! Tony!" mailbag ... keyed by some sort of bad house music.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10202006/sports/one_and_done__sports_andrew_marchand.htm

ONE AND DONE?
    KORNHEISER EYES MNF EXIT

ESPN's Tony Kornheiser said he has "no plans at the moment'' to return to Monday Night Football next season.

"At the moment, in my mind, I always thought I signed up for one year,'' Kornheiser, in his rookie year on MNF, told NYP TV Sports.

So you don't think you will be back?

"This is the one year,'' Kornheiser said. "I have no plans at the moment, but I don't think anyone should be stunned or shocked or surprised or blow their brains out if I just say, 'That was fun. Thanks a lot. See ya.'''

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

goodnight sports journalists

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Even before the opening kickoff, Kornheiser made it a point to tell us that Belichick isn't sporting the Unibomber look indoors tonight. Great insight, thanks.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Lamar Jordan.

The Raiders just aren't executing.

Andrew Walter isn't getting protection.

He did seem to perk up when Wilbon was brought into the booth.

11. Herbert Anchovy

"The great American humorist" Kornheiser missed about 20 chances to say something pithy or even vaguely funny about what an utter shit-eater this Raider team is. And he blew it.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Is anyone catching PTI right now? Tony's shades are tight!

Draft saved Draft deleted