1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jason Whitlock's letter to Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Were you laughing because it reads like a press release? Or, because you think it does not belong on a sports page? And, again, does anybody know if this actually appeared on the Star's sports page?

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Judging by this comment...

And this one...

I would say yes, it did.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I'm torn. I hate to do anything that would encourage that glorified press release to get any hits, but it is quite the example of hackery at its hackiest.

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

According to one of the commenters, the column was not in the sports section of the print edition. It was in KC's version of the arts and entertainment section.

5. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

This comment pretty much erases any doubt I would think.

6. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

two points:
    1) whitlock is no obama. not even close in eloquence. he can no more write a political speech than obama could write a column about the Chiefs defense.

2) total bullshit when he says he's not political. his views, oft repeated with stridency, are classically conservative, i.e, blacks are responsible for their own problems, and not victims of cultural racism. whitlock is close to clarence thomas in his outlook. and when you embrace one pillar of conservatism, you support the others.

the real question is why whitlock pretends to be apolitical. only his shrink knows.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted