1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jason Whitlock really ticks me off

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by budcrew08, Mar 19, 2009.

1. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I hear ya. But I'll also ask ya: If the reputation did not precede the columnist, would such a lede have elicited the same reaction from you? If it was from an anonymous small town writer, would it have bothered you?

I'm not suggesting that's the case. Seriously, I'm asking because I think it's a worthy discussion. A coach I cover swears he's been called for two technical fouls this year for "looking" at the official. Well, one might suggest that he has built such an adversarial relationship with officials, the presumption of a confrontation draws a response before the actual confrontation.

How did Mick say it? "It's the singer, not the song." ...

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

If that's how you feel, how come you didn't just agree with me in the first place? :D

3. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

budcrew----no need to unless you absolutely want to. I was just trying to make a point here, and please, everyone, forgive me for having a dissenting point of view here.

4. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Nothing wrong with that lede.

Nothing wrong with Whitlock. I'm a fan.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fucking A!

(said the Ball State grad whose best-ever March Madness memories are from the team Whitlock referenced)

6. clutchcargo

I'm starting to feel like Karl Rove after just sitting down for an interview on Air America.

Pardon me for going against the grain.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

george bush is a blood-thirsty terrorist? sounds about right.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

yeah, I think it would even if it wasn't a big-time guy... more of the 'look at the cool things I get to do and you don't' vibe.

9. clutchcargo

Huh?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fans throw panties.

11. sg86

sg86 Member

I absolutely abhor Jason Whitlock and I had no problem whatsoever with it.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you said george bush was a blood-thirsty terroist. i said that those words sounded correct. terrorists kill innocent women and children for no cause. you were spot on.

Draft saved Draft deleted