1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jason Lezak, Man of the Year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by badband, Dec 31, 2008.

1. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

What moon landing? That was all special effects, man...all that Hollywood shit. There wasn't no moon landing!

2. badband

badband Member

i dont think a true sportsman of the year can be a one-hit wonder like tyree or lezak...gotta be a true dominator like phelps or tiger

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Phelps' story is worth less (but not worthless) without Lezak's incredible 50-meter sprint

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Cavic is an American citizen, born and raised in this country, educated at the University of California. It's funny to hear him complain about all the purported "benefits" Phelps received because he swam for the US team, since those same "benefits" would have been available to himself as well had he elected to swim for the US team, which he probably would have easily made, rather than swimming for Serbia.

I get very tired of people complaining about the consequnces of decision THEY THEMSELVES made.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

and thats why phelps is the real sportsman of the year by almost every pub.

2008 in sports was be remembered solely because of phelps, fair or not.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Both are touching there.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I am now officially convinced that he says a lot of his shit just to get a rise out of the troops.

Annnnnnd?

It's working.

Draft saved Draft deleted