1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jason Lezak, Man of the Year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by badband, Dec 31, 2008.

1. badband

badband Member

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Lezaks_race_made_Phelps_dream_come_true.html

Phelps should give him 50 percent of his profits

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And the corrupt officials who called him the winner of the other race.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'll be the one this time. What the fuck are you talking about?

4. jps

jps Active Member

DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM!!

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

If you don't know what I am talking about, I can't help you.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm not asking you to help me. I just have no idea what you're referring to. It's becoming clear that I wasn't around for one of your irrational rants, but if you don't want to provide a refresher I'll rest easy assuming that I didn't miss much.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

FDP, despite this photo...

[​IMG]

... and despite the fact that he has zero evidence supporting his grand conspiracy, Simon believes because he watched the race on television, and because it appeared from above the water that Cavic touched the wall first, that a super secretive corrupt cabal of pro-American Olympic officials doctored the timing mechanism (making this decision in the half a second it took for the results to appear on the board in the Water Cube after the race ended) to declare Phelps the winner in the 100 meter butterfly.

Never mind that there is zero evidence to support this, if you don't believe it, you are a (bleeping) (bleep). This is inarguable among the sane.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That makes about as much sense as I expected it to.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Moon landing was rigged too, you know.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Cavic himself has said that he had a chance to get there first, but Phelps hit the sensor first, fair and square.

11. badband

badband Member

it could be a reach to suggest this, but maybe phelps loses to cavic if the lezak relay didn't pump so much life into the whole thing. that's what one of the coaches said in this piece. not a bad point....and also, how much extra money did lezak earn phelps here? gotta be 5-10 million

12. lono

lono Active Member

Lee. Harvey. Oswald. Acted. Alone.

Draft saved Draft deleted