1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jason Kidd calls it a career

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Kidd is one of the greatest point guards ever. And he finally got a title. His only weakness was he couldn't shoot for shit. Definitely a Hall of Famer, though.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He couldn't shoot for shit early in his career. Defenders used to leave him open and dare him to shoot. But he turned himself into a decent enough shooter, especially from three-point range. He's actually third all-time in career three pointers made.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

He only had two seasons above 40 percent from three-point range. He was 35 percent for his career. And only 40 percent from the field. He was a good free-throw shooter, though.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

35 percent from three point range is good.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

When he was with Dallas, he was an excellent 3-point shooter.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

It's really not.

He had two excellent seasons out of four. Overall, he was above average in Dallas.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

when he gave up something like 40 to Anthony Johnson in a playoff game, I thought he was done and that was 5 years before the Mavs won the title.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Did I just see on ESPN where the Nets hired Kidd as coach?

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yep:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9378352/brooklyn-nets-hire-jason-kidd-sources

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Well that certainly doesn't have any chance of blowing up in their faces, because coaching is totally easy.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Surprising. Not saying Kidd won't succeed, but I figured they would hire an experienced playoff coach.

12. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Always liked J-Kidd. One of my favorite non-Sonics players, used to love seeing him and Payton play.

Draft saved Draft deleted