1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jason Collins Coming out

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jdent58, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdent58

jdent58 New Member

It's just been a day but the frenzy hasn't even died down an inch on Jason Collins coming out. Is this that big of a news story or is there just nothing else to talk about? I understand he is the first athlete to announce while still playing, but I don't think it's a big deal, but it could be if he doesn't find a team. With that said, do you think he would have announced if he wasn't a free agent?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The happiest man on the planet is Dwight Howard.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The other thread got locked, right?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yep.

5. 93Devil

Sad. But, yes, if a thread gets locked 24 hours after the event, chances are it's a big deal.

6. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

No, it got locked because a few crybabies couldn't discuss with any level of maturity some related issues to this matter.

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

One thing it's accomplished: I and a lot other people had no idea Jason Collins was before yesterday.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you think this way. I thought everyone was perfectly civil - including you.

9. dog eat dog world

Exactly. He is a has-been as a player and ONLY because he came out does he seemingly deserve a roster spot.

Again, a political story. Which is where our hometown paper played it, in the news section rather than sports.

10. dog eat dog world

I thought it was civil and healthy but it only takes one whinebag to cry uncle to the big bosses.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the countdown to lockdown begins anew ...

12. 93Devil

[​IMG]

And this is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.