1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jase unloads on Andy Reid

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Nov 9, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7422108

And he's right, by God.

And another thing: If the police raided your home or my home or almost anyone else's home under the income bracket of $100K per year, and found guns and drugs in the same house with minor children (Andy Reid has three of them, in addition to the two adult sons), the Department of Children's Services or the equivilent would have those kids in foster homes by sundown).

2. CatchMeUp

CatchMeUp Member

These kids are ridiculously screwed up, but a couple of facts, please. The gun from the January incident was registered and legal, a gift from an uncle a few years ago. (The crime was waving it around, not owning it.) The recent search of the house turned up drugs that apparently were all prescribed by the shrinks/rehab doctors -- that's what he was smuggling into the jail, a mixture of really strong drugs to deal with the addiction. Yes, the one kid says he was a dealer and is an addict -- they did find a syringe, too, but no heroin in the house -- but enough with the social-services and taking the house stuff.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I am not backing Whitlock, but in many other communities in Pennsylvania, the home would've been seized by the DA.

4. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Spot on. Nice effort.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

They also found rap CDs containing explicit lyrics, which, to me, explains everything.

6. CatchMeUp

CatchMeUp Member

For whatever it is worth, nobody has been charged with dealing and nobody really believes the part about the kid saying he was a dealer in North Philadelphia. They believe the rest, about maybe dealing in his high school and his rich neighborhood, but not the dealing in the real 'hood. But nobody has been charged with that. They found a scale in the car when he was arrested in January, but that's it, I think. Whatever drugs they found apparently were of a quantity that suggested personal use, not dealing. I don't think people get their houses seized unless there is a dealing conviction, although I might be wrong.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

A celebrity receiving special treatment? I'm shocked.

Oy.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If there was ever a story that qualified for the race card, this has to be it.

Middle class white folks look at Andy Reid and think, 'God, that could be me.' They look at the same story featuring a black family, they think, 'What's WRONG with those people?'

Solid column (even got The Wire reference in there).

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Andy Reid is very involved with the Mormon church in Philly. Its rare that you see children of Mormon families fly so far off the tracks. It must be quite the embarrassment for the Reid's which may account partly for Reid not speaking out more.

10. Absolutely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

I'm not the biggest Whitlock fan because I think he often over-reaches.
    Not this time.
    This was outstanding.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Reid and his wife have done a horrible job as parents.

Dungy's son who committed suicide had many references to drugs (weed) on his myspace page before it was deleted. It also contained a bunch of references to other stuff in which no parent would be proud. Dungy got a free pass as well, IIRC.

Draft saved Draft deleted