1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Apr 9, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

was simple, really... type what you can in the NFL thingy, click to make the sample show up, right click and view image, then add the extra letters into the URL in the right spot.. .

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

JamesOn Curry.

JamesOn.

JamesOff.

The Clapper.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Reading the story, it sounds like that is already happening and that is what's causing the voting problem-

Ko told the committee that people of Chinese, Japanese and Korean descent often have problems voting and other forms of identification because they may have a legal transliterated name and then a common English name that is used on their driver’s license on school registrations.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Salty married his high school gym teacher. Poin alert!

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Archi Cianfrocco never felt more alone than the day Salty made his MLB debut.

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

No pics that I can find of her, but here's a link to hot baseball wives (maybe NSFW... mostly bikini shots)

http://www.fantasybaseballdugout.com/hot-wives-baseball/

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I see what you did there and smile accordingly.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Debbie Clemens on the list? Fail!

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

This is very common, actually. The problem is that a lot of Asians use an adopted name. During English classes back in China the students are either handed a name by the teacher or they select an English name themselves. When they come here they use that name in nearly all interactions. The problem comes when they have to fill out documents. Often times, they end up using the English name because it is just easier than the Chinese name to pronounce.

Just think about how badly the DMV fucks up the pronouncement of simple names like Bob. Imagine them trying to pronounce some Chinese name? So, the people just put down the English name and hope for the best.

As for this woman, well, she’s obviously a moron. How she can tell someone, “No I don’t want you to use the name your parents gave you. I want to give you a name to use.” is just beyond me. It really is quite racist.

10. Yes, but not William Vanlandingham. ;D

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

keep in mind that betty brown is from the same terrell, texas where the terrell tribune daily didn't even report obama's election because the publisher said they weren't in the "memory book service." yet when it came to obama's inauguration, the tribune not only covered it on the front page, they sold commemorative copies of the page.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Well if Barack Obama had just change his name to John Smith they would have covered the election easily enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted