1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Janie's got a gun -- and she drives

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Feb 22, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The expression is my favorite part of this picture...

[​IMG]

Armed woman: 'I'm tired of people tailgating me'

February 22, 2007

By CHRISTY ARBOSCELLO and STEVEN NEAVLING

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

A 39-year-old armed Macomb Township woman couldn’t handle the pressure of her morning work commute, police said today.

According to the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office, Bernadette Head, 39, in a 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier, entered I-94 westbound from Hall Road about 8:10 a.m. Wednesday when a Dodge Ram pickup rode her tail.

When the 46-year-old driver from New Baltimore eventually pulled up alongside her, she pointed her 9mm handgun and fired one round at his tires.

Her shots missed before he backed up and followed her off the Metro Parkway exit and flagged down a sheriff’s deputy.

When she was arrested on three felony charges, she told police, “I’m tired of people tailgating me.”

Head was charged today in 41-B District Court with assault with a deadly weapon, discharge of a firearm from a motor vehicle and felony firearm. If convicted, she could face up to four years in prison.

She had a permit for the gun.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

shouldn't you be focused on the thrilling game being played right in front of you?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with her. I hate tailgaters.

Bravo!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But... but... her eyes are so hypnotic asshole

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

At least she had a permit.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This is the second such post by John. So for those of us who don't post at night, can someone fill me in on what he's referring to?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

John and I are at the same sporting event and it is his attempt at telling me to pay attention....

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Ah, thanks for the heads up.

9. boots

boots New Member

Let's be careful out there!!!!

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This lady ought to check out a book I saw in a half-price place recently. It was a hand-held flip-chart kind of thing with sayings on them, and you're supposed to flash them at fellow drivers.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

she really didn't need a gun.

Just flash that mug at the offensive driver, and they'll be sure to go straight into the guardrail.

12. boots

boots New Member

Yeah but she's got a pretty mouth!

Draft saved Draft deleted