1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jan. 6 bowl thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jan 5, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

When Fieldturf is flooding, it's time to send kayaks down to the newspaper photogs on the field.

The TV photogs are on their own, of course.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

And only 24 posts on the "Official" June 6 Bowl thread.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

These are trying times.

4. Boom_70

I wonder how many cars GMAC repossessed tonight from people watching the game.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Ah, you figured out the scam.

The Sports Predictor will probably call it a meaningless game. Tell that to all the poor folks who'll have to walk home in the rain because their cars were repossessed. They'll never forget this special night.

6. Boom_70

They picked teams from areas that had the highest default rates. While fans were engaged in game the repo men went to work.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That's so cruel it might actually be true.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I looked at the respective rosters prior to gametime and saw maybe two Texas players on the Ball State roster.
    And I saw tons of Texans on the Tulsa roster.
    I then picked Tulsa on my Yahoo picks.
    Bravo!

I'm back in first place (ahead of a team named after Texan Sammy Baugh) in the SportsJournalists.com Bowl Pick 'Em.

9. I'll have to watch Letterman tonight to see whether he acknowledges the loss.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Isn't Ball State the team Jason Whitlock was saying the system had failed because they were undefeated and not given fair treatment -- then they lost to Buffalo and Tulsa and we found out why......

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, the Tulsa loss was almost expected. Letdown after being a game away from a perfect regular season, coach leaves for San Diego State ... just not a great month in Muncie.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How great can any month be in Muncie?

Draft saved Draft deleted