1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jamie McCourt wants more cash

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

What attracted these two to begin with? What an utterly septic marriage.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Remember that Fox just wanted rid of the team when they sold it to the McCourts, that somewhat explains the fire-sale price. The Red Sox sold for ~$660 million a couple years before, and the Dodgers definitely were worth more than $400 million at the time.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Greed, status, lifestyle and ... wait, what?

Those aren't reasons to get married? Seriously?

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

From a strictly legal standpoint, though, I think she has a case. Hubbie basically lied about his net worth (which in a perfect world would leave him facing perjury charges) and walked away with 90 percent of the couple's money. Wifey signed off on a settlement that was based on fraudulent figures. I'd be hauling his ass back to court if I were her, too.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

This is 2 major documents Jamie signed off on then tried to retract (the original one where Frank had sole ownership of the ballclub). And she has a law degree. She must have been too busy shopping or banging the chauffeur to be bothered with them. She is a lot more than just a greedy witch.
    And please don't misinterpret this as me thinking Frank is anything more than a total scumbag.

6. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

She's obviously a shark, but it's curious why she's on the receiving end of most of the criticism.

I just wish someone would ask her if she thinks she's still worthy to practice law, after using the legal system as a personal plaything for the last few years.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm having a tough time deciding who to root for here.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Meteor strike.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This is bullshit. The hubby's windfall was the result of Magic and Co. unexpectedly paying more than 2 billion dollars for a franchise that nobody imagined was worth near that much, especially since it was immersed in bankruptcy proceedings at the time of the divorce action. They weren't "fraudulent figures" at the time, instead they were unexpected figures.

If wifey didn't like it, she could've held out on the divorce agreement until the sale to find out how much the franchise actually sold for. She didn't because she (or, to be more precise, her lawyers and accountants) guessed wrong regarding the franchise's resale value. Her frickin fault. She's unhappy about it? Too bad. Blame her lawyers and accountants, nobody's fault but hers and theirs.

Christ, last thing I wanna hear during these times is some whiny plastic couple fighting over which one is left with mere hundreds of millions, instead of billions, as a result of their own monumentally incompetent management of one of our premier sports institutions. As far as I'm concerned, a meteor strike is too good for these people.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Damn straight,, but not enough.

First time I EVER thought Starman didn't go far enough.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Well said.

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

The only McCourt-related headline I want to see at this point would top an obituary.

Draft saved Draft deleted