1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jamie Dixon to the rescue!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Oct 24, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Pittsburgh-s-Jamie-Dixon-helps-rescue-car-accide?urn=ncaab-279408

Pitt men's basketball coach Jamie Dixon drove by an overturned car with passengers stuck inside and stopped to help, suffering minor injuries in the process Saturday night.

He doesn't always strike me as the most personable guy, but the guy is an impressive coach and apparently an impressive person as well.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

He was likely just doing what he figured everyone else would do in the same situation.

If I see and overturned car and there aren't already other people or emergency people there, I'm stopping and diving in.

Good move by Coach Dixon.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Still doesn't top Joe Girardi who after winning World Series pulled a lady out of a burning wreck, Put out the fire and fixed the car so the lady could drive it home.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I don't know about the hero stuff but I'll say this - Jamie Dixon is one of the best coaches in any sport in America.

His teams never get outplayed. He makes great adjustments. His teams always overachieve and they rarely get upset. When they lose it is because they just don't have good enough players.

What he did last year with that collection of misfits was nothing short of a miracle.

You see, OOP, there is one team/coach/player in Pittsburgh I can say nice things about.... ;D

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

What they dont tell you is the person he saved was Bob Huggins, who thanked him by puking on his shoes and saying, "Do you know who I am"

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted