1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

James Harrison must like being fined

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 13, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OK that makes more sense, but I assume there's precedent for that and he should be fined what the last guy was fined for a homosexual slur and not a dollar more.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If I were a Steeler fan, I'd be more worried about the comments about Big Ben and whether the team stays together.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I honestly don't care what he says about Goodell and I'm not a bit surprised. Harrison isn't just an idiot, he is an idiot with serious anger-management issues.

I was surprised to see him lash out at his own teammates. I don't ever remember hearing that kind of thing from him and it certainly won't help in that locker room.

Mendenhall is a fumble machine? What did he lose, two fumbles all season before the big one in the Super Bowl?

Roethlisberger did not play well and Mendenhall's fumble was an absolute killer, but the defense was horrendous in that game. The only things that slowed the Packers all night were all the dropped passes. Harrison should keep that in mind.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He is an angry man in a violent game who busts his ass every play. I'll guess Tomlin and Rooney do not like the outburst, but they love the passion.

He is this team's Greene or Lambert, just a few IQ points lower, but still, every great defense needs a player with this fire.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Same type of fire he has with his girlfriend

6. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Interesting James didn't rip his lackluster play in the Super Bowl. He was a non-factor with uno tackle.

And Troy P? Has he found his jock yet on the corner route Jennings ran for GB's final touchdown?

I know he wasn't at full speed but he guessed wrong and got burned.

7. btm

btm Member

Well, he is right about Rodney Harrison.

If the Steelers had defeated the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl, Harrison said, he would have whispered in Goodell’s ear during the trophy ceremony: “Why don’t you quit and do something else, like start your own league in flag football?”

So with no CBA, could he even be fined?

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Like I said, a few IQ points lower, but a huddle with two emotional exact opposites like Polamalu and Harrison really must be fascinating.

9. I'd be worried if he played offense.
    Offense and defense are almost like two different teams. Same unis, usually completely different groups.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Again, I'm almost positive he can NOT be fined for any comments (gay slurs or otherwise) because of the lockout. The owners have shut down the business of football. They can't say, "We aren't doing business with you right now, but in three weeks, watch out, we're fining your ass for your comments today."

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Ray Rice sees it differently, albeit using Hines Ward as the barometer here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6756938

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Harrison will be fined, but not until after the lockout ends. How do you dock someone who isn't pulling a paycheck?

Harrison can claim he gets a free shot because the league was inactive, but he gets to appeal the fine to ... King Roger I. Good luck with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted