1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

James Harrison must like being fined

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Because his latest interview will result in one.

http://www.mensjournal.com/jamesharrison

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/29190/harrison-rips-goodell-patriots-and-ben

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Can you be fined by a league for something you said while the league was locking you out? That question could delay the new CBA for a few hours.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No way they can fine him during a lockout. My guess is that's exactly why he chose to say such a thing as "I hate him" about Goodell now.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Preach it, James...

"We were the best team in football in 2004, but the Patriots, who we beat during the regular season, stole our signals and picked up 90 percent of our blitzes [in the AFC title game]," Harrison explained. "They got busted for it later, but, hey, they're Goodell’s boys, so he slapped 'em $500,000 and burned the tapes. Was he going to rescind their Super Bowls? Man, hell no!"

5. I have a feeling the Steelers are going to take care of this internally, assuming they can. And they should. His leash is getting shorter by the word. And I assume Silverback forgot about that pick 6 manning threw just two short super bowls ago. Except it WAS on the other side of the field so I guess that makes it OK.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So now NFL players must take a loyalty oath to the Great Goodell? We all laughed our asses off when Mike Brown put his "no disparagement" clauses in Bengal contracts, but I guess now people think it's OK that little Roger punishes someone for hurting his feelings.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

According to one report, in the full version (which isn't out yet) Harrison used a homosexual slur. I figured that would draw the fine.

8. As well as the wrath of SportsJournalists.com's politically correct education police. And Steeler haters.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He's right about Goodell, who is a thief and a puppet.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

They should take away his HGH.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

He is a puppet but a thief?

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

Harrison best get his shots in while he can. stupid sucker has, what, maybe the three years? we'll never hear from him again and nobody will give a spit what he thinks. anyone wanna bet on where roger will be in three years? you lose if your money's not on him being exactly where he is now... just making more money. james freakin' harrison... effin' genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted