1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

James Harden to Rockets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 27, 2012.

1. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

He traded Jeff Green for Perkins and Nate Robinson.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He did not trade Green for Harden

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Whoops.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

It's why I'm solidly anti-cap. You get bullshit like this, but the Heat and Lakers get stronger and can dominate the league for years. Take the cap away and let every team fend for themselves. :)

Could care less about the NBA in general but I do like the Thunder and how they play ball... I have a feeling they will be stronger than others might think.

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Thunder fan here. I like the move. I think it'll take the team some time to get used to this, since those guys basically grew up together in their NBA lives, and that adjustment might cost them the #1 seed in the west, but I expect that by playoff time, they'll have gelled and be a team nobody wants to face.

Or so that's what I'm telling myself.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Remember the Thunder get Maynor back. He could be someone who eases the loss and allows Westbrook to become a SG while Maynor contributes distributing and shooting.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Does having Harden make it easier for Houston to attract other FAs?

8. workerB12

workerB12 Member

Incrementally, if all things are equal a free agent would like to go to a team with more talent.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't think it hurts them though. The team probably looks more attractive with Harden, Lin and the grab bag they have now, instead of just Lin and the grab bag. Also, after teams like Orlando wouldn't deal them Dwight Howard or whatever true superstar they wanted, they probably had to set their sights a bit lower. Harden strikes me as a Top 30 guy, with a chance to get better, which is probably better than the Rockets were going to do picking in the low to high teens, as they are now.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Don't look now, but Harden went off for 37 with 12 assists and six rebounds in his Rockets debut -- a 105-96 win over Detroit.

FYI, Lin had 12 and eight assists.

Both had four steals.

Draft saved Draft deleted