1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

James Harden to Rockets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

For Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, per Woj twitter.

Harden reportedly turned down a four-year, $52million extension with OKC.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Assuming they max out Harden, the Rockets are going to be in luxury tax hell in two years after that poison pill contract they gave Omer Asik.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Uh, wow.

Makes the Thunder weaker, I think. On the other hand, if you're picking two of their Big 3 to go forward with, I think it's smart to pick Westbrook to pair with Durant, even with some of the issues he's had. Harden is fantastic, Manu-like. But the Lakers series and the Finals showed he can be taken out of a game or series.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Woj adds that Rockets also get Cole Aldridge, Lazr Hayward and Daquan Cook, while giving up "significant draft picks" to OKC.

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Unless the Rockets own someone else's pick(s), they're going to be good enough for their own picks to not be worth too much.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Apparently, they are Dallas and Toronto's 2013 first-rounders. Don't know what protections exist...but both could be in lottery.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

That Raptors pick could be intriguing, assuming no protections. Mavericks pick will be late first round.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Does anyone in the country own their beat like Woj?

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

If you factor in writing ability, I don't think so.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Asik, Lin, Harden - THE NEW BIG 3!!

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The Rockets now have two of my least favorite players: Jeremy Lin and James Harden. UGH!!

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Hardin has the same agent as kobe. Move Hardin, weaken the competition. Take care of your #1 guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted