1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jameis Winston in trouble? (This time for stealing crab legs?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 13, 2013.

1. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

This is a simple joke, I suppose. Maybe even obvious. But I laughed so hard.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I think it was an honest mistake. If he were not a star athlete, it wouldn't even be in the news.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

30 bucks of free crustaceans ain't a mistake.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I have said this exact thing elsewhere, and I really think the Publix guy was hooking him up but didn't want to get in trouble or fired when he Jameis got caught. And you're dead on about the Burger King incident, as well. You could make the same argument about the BB gun incident had they not done so much damage. But he also has to know by now that he has a target on his back and stop doing stupid shit the average college student gets away with.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

no, he'd be looking to make bail

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Bail? For shoplifting? Give me a break. Definitely would not have made the news unless there was something unusual about the theft. Like, say, the crab clamped onto his unit as he made his break for it.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

black kid steals in Tallahassee? Going to jail or going to FSU

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Inevitable, I guess:

[​IMG]

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-grocer-now-offering-jameis-winston-crab-legs-to-crimson-tide-fans-050114

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I don't care so much that he did it as much as you want to grab the kid and say, "Look, you've got to be smarter than this, and if that means that you have to behave at a higher standard that your typical college kid, then you've got to accept that."

10. Steak Snabler

At the very least, Winston is a world-class liar ... about this and a lot of other things apparently. He talked in his Heisman speech about all the things his dad taught him, but I guess one of those wasn't the difference between right and wrong.

Winston said in his statement he realized he'd forgotten to pay for the food when he got home? Well, how come he didn't go back and pay before the cops showed up at his apartment?

Maybe this will discourage the media in the future from equating charisma with character, but I doubt it.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Do you honestly think he wrote one word of that statement? The only part of that statement that was his was his signature.

12. Steak Snabler

Of course not, but he's still a liar.

Draft saved Draft deleted