1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jameis Winston, controversy, again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Oct 13, 2014.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Please define "very intelligent".

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well, he was on the all-ACC academic team, has about a 3.4 GPA and was a straight-A student through high school. At least book smart. Oh, and he's a Heisman-winning QB, so he must have been able to learn a fairly complex playbook.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He doesn't even go to a real college.

4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I just feel badly for Winston.

He's a fine, upstanding young man who keeps having trouble hunt him down and stain his good name. Poor guy.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The crab legs went too far.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

At this point, I'd question the validity of any grade he ever received in high school and college.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's not stupid. He's basically the asshole from your fraternity who partied like a rock star every Friday and Saturday night, got tossed in the occasional drunk tank, and still somehow became a doctor.

He's a rowdy kid.*

* This assessment contingent on him actually not raping that girl.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't think we have enough information to decide if he's smart or not.

Based on his athletic ability, I don't think we can look just to his grades. He's been enabled his whole life. To pretend that couldn't include being given good grades is silly.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Whenever I read about Willie Meggs, all I can think about is this guy:

[​IMG]

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I don't know if he's stupid but he's certainly not self-aware. And tuck in your fucking Mr. T rope chain while people are investigating you for taking money, fool ass.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If he is very intelligent, then he is a complete and utter asshole and he ought to start playing dumb. People can forgive a numb country kid who just loves to play football and really doesn't have a clue about anything else. If he is a smart guy, then no one forgives a conniving, thieving sexual predator, unless you're a former President of the United States or Speaker of the House.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

To reiterate, as I said, any defense goes out the window if this is true. I suspect it's not, but it could be.

Draft saved Draft deleted