1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jameis Winston, controversy, again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Oct 13, 2014.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Come on dude, he's a kid.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

He had crablegs for lunch in the cafeteria and then jumped up on the table and screamed, "FUCK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY!" in front of his terrified classmates.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Going to go out on a limb here and assume Matador means the author of the blog post.

4. RecoveringJournalist

I think he's referring to Jim for letting it happen and then publicizing it.

Will Muschamp's kid dressed up as Aaron Hernandez.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Bingo. Did the family really think this was a GOOD idea given all of the negative connotation involving Winston? This was nothing more than a "fuck you" to skeptics. And if you think a damn 20-year-old quarterback who hasn't shown an ounce of humility since he's arrived at your school is a "superhero" for your son to emulate you're a failure as a parent.

6. RecoveringJournalist

I wish the jersey was autographed and he had a certificate of authenticity with it.

#AskJameis

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would bet that within the Fisher sphere and the greater FSU community, there would be nothing wrong with idolizing Winston.

That young man has a glorious career awaiting him with the Tallahassee Police Department.

8. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Those sequentially numbered autographs everyone was worried about? Now seems more likely they were forgeries.

http://goo.gl/F0fqgr

Some details from Winston's meeting with compliance officers:

http://goo.gl/y7iKUB

*Edited to add second link.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm sorely tempted to see what Clay Travis has to say about these latest developments but I already know what it will be, and it will be a big fat, nothing burger.

At this point, I don't give two shits about Florida State, but I want them to keep winning, get another national title, Winston becomes the second person to win the Heisman in back-to-back years and graduate early after he is accepted into medical school because he crushed the MCAT.

Which he defers because he pulls a Myron Rolle and heads to Oxford instead.

Then instead of being a thug and the worst person in the world, he becomes too smart for the NFL and is black balled for having an education.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think you might just have to settle for him being a Heisman finalist, and the ESPN heads have to talk good about him for the entire Heisman "pre-game" show.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for him to beat his wife and kids someday.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This required leadership class sounds excellent:

Draft saved Draft deleted