1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jameis Winston, controversy, again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Oct 13, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

School looking into how so damn many of his autographs are authenticated as he swears he didn't sign for money. It's the same company that got Todd Gurley in trouble.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11697064/florida-state-seminoles-look-jameis-winston-autographs

This is obviously the least of his sins -- not even a sin -- but man that guy cannot stay on the right side of the rules for more than five seconds.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, better get that bank now, Jameis.
    Because you're throwing millions out the window.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if Dick Whitman locked in Notre Dame +12 yet.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jameis Winston is alleged to have signed 340 items. What are the odds he could have completed this task in less than a calendar year?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Jameis Winston has long believed he's above the law/rules. And Jimbo Fisher is just the latest and highest-profile person to enable that attitude.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think it was SI that ran the short column about being approached by the same dealer that was selling Gurley's autographs, apparently wanting to get paid for the info. They declined to pay. The letter they got was virtually identical to the one that ran when the story broke. He mentioned in that cover letter that he also had a number of Winston autographed items.

Sheer coincidence, I'm sure.

Winston is dumb as a box of rocks. He's cost himself what, tens of millions of dollars over the last six months?

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What are the odds he can count to 340?

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I reject that he's dumb. He's not.

As I said, he's just been led to believe he's above the law. Why behave when you don't face any consequences?

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Jameis is incredibly short-sighted, though.

10. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Nearsighted, even.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

He is actually very intelligent. But he clearly had no common sense. But as you say, he probably has never faced any real consequences.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Tens of millions of dollars? Please and Clowney might be a third round pick.

A good combine and this is all forgotten.

Draft saved Draft deleted