1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jameis and A.J.'s mom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Winston is perfectly understandable. Funny, even. He's not polished within an inch of his life like Cam Newton, but so what? You get his gist.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Once again, I say consider the source (of the criticism.) Has she ever been accepted to Stanford? Just because he did not speak the Queen's English does not mean he's less intelligent.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Someone is going to have to warn 15 or 20 black Alabama players that the woman who has so often opened her home and heart to them is a racist. Surely she was the only fan with this type of reaction.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not a racist tweet necessarily, but certainly not a classy one, either.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm not a racist, I just act and sound a lot like one.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I guarantee I could pull 20 posts by you that could be interpreted as racist, Starman. The intent is what matters.

But mostly, Dee Dee McCarron was rooting for Auburn and was upset to see them lose. She's the mom of a player, not someone relevant who needs to bite her tongue. She was mad at Jameis Winston because she and her sons have friends on Auburn. So she disparaged the enemy.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She's a stupid redneck bitch shooting off her mouth on Twitter.

And why the holy flaming hell would the mother of the Alabama quarterback be rooting for Auburn?

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

For the same reason her son was.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Really? I don't see where he lost you. That's pretty clear to me, honestly.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'll bet she has *wink wink*

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Call me naive, but I didn't get racist at all. Bitter, classless and petty, yes, but not racist. If it were some slack-jawed yokel, would people be making as big a deal?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You put any athlete on the spot in interviews right after a huge game where they're exhausted, overwhelmed, excited and they're going to ramble.

I've seen Winston interviewed enough to know he definitely is not dumb.

Draft saved Draft deleted