1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jamal Lewis to the Browns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Mar 7, 2007.

1. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

was waiting for that. 17 minutes, you are slipping.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I like Jamal Lewis and Reuben Droughns playing together. But then again, these are the Browns.

3. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

just curious, but, which football coach said that jamal lewis was the only high school player he ever saw he could have gone straight to the NFL?

It's a quote that stayed with me everytime I see Lewis's name pop up, but I don't remember if the quote was scout, college coach, nfl coach, gm, et.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've been under a rock most of the week ... did the Ravens gobble up Dominic Rhodes yet?

I am SO hoping the Ravens grab Dominic Rhodes.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Not sure, but I've always wondered what his college numbers would have been if he hadn't torn his ACL and then not given a shit. Hell, Lewis's last year, a young Travis Henry was the superior runner. Lewis just wanted to rehab and get to the league. Not that Henry's a bad player — obviously he's not — but when Lewis almost went for 250 as a freshman against Georgia, I thought he was the next Herschel Walker.

Damn, that Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry and Travis Stephens backfield was a good one. With that defense, too (Al Wilson, Shaun Ellis, Darwin Walker, Deon Grant, Raynoch Thompson, Eric Westmoreland ... 10 NFL players of the 11) no wonder Tee Effing Martin won a national title.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I've been hearing Willis McGahee instead of Rhodes.

I've also heard they may go for a back in the draft -- possibly Michael Bush if he impresses at Louisville's Pro Day.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've also heard that the Ravens really liked what Musa Smith did in spot action last year.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's about time Baltimore gave Musa Smith a chance ... and if nothing else, he shouldn't be too beat up since he's played so little since his days in Georgia.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Did Droughns get his roster bonus? I know they were talking like that wasn't a sure thing in Cleveland. Does this signing mean that the Browns aren't going with AP in the draft? Maybe a prelude to taking Quinn (Cleveland fans always liked to root for good Ohio boys) or some other direction?

10. Sam Mills 51

Only Cleveland would be dumb enough to think Jamal Lewis is a better bet than OU's Adrian Peterson. Sorry, Browns fans ... not aimed at you, but rather the management team that is quickly out-dumbing the other front office in Ohio ...

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Sam, maybe they're worried about AP's health? Only thing that I can think of.

12. Sam Mills 51

I'll give you that. Still a reach, though. None of AP's injuries have been as debilitating as some of the stuff Lewis has been through (namely an ACL tear ... almost makes the arm injury he suffered early in the career at Baltimore look relatively tame). Lewis hasn't shown anyone crap on the field since he was thrown in the pen.

Plus, Peterson's a lot younger and that counts big when it comes to power backs.

Draft saved Draft deleted