1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jamaican steroid tremor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by IGotQuestions, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Just keeping your seat warm. :D

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

When I think of the words "Jamaica" and "drugs" together, the logical follow-on word is not "steroids."

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I really don't know what you mean

[​IMG]

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Why are you running so fast, mon? Slow down! Enjoy the race!

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

6. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I agree, but I think we've become like movie reviewers going to see the next Kate Hudson romantic comedy. You hope it's different, but have essentially seen the same movie too many times to really expect anything more than same-ol', same-ol'. I suppose the hope is that the Bolts of the world also have seen the flick and have no interest in being the next guy to take his turn at the shit buffet.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Skeptical is good. Seems to me the only smart way to navigate the issue these days is to play it straight down the middle. While you should never accuse someone without proof you should also steer clear of pronouncing someone clean ... because you just never know.

8. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

I believe it was Bill Plaschke who wrote from Beijing that Phelps' phenomenal performances left him with the exact same feeling he had during the McGwire, Sosa home run chase.

Of course I trust Findlay when he says he never took steroids. Just like I trust Marion Jones, Mark McGwire, Rafael Palmeiro, Barry Bonds, Gary Matthews Jr., etc, etc. etc. when they denied use, too.

That said, I NEVER accused Bolt or Powell of steroids.

Draft saved Draft deleted