1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jamaican steroid tremor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by IGotQuestions, Sep 3, 2008.

1. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

(Newser) – Two Jamaican Olympic hurdlers received shipments of banned performance-enhancing drugs in 2006 and 2007, according to documents obtained by Sports Illustrated. The drugs were sent to addresses linked to Delloreen Ennis-London and Adrian Findlay, both members of the Jamaican team in Beijing. Findlay denied using steroids, while Ennis-London was unreachable.

"Trust me, I don't use steroids," Findlay said. "I guarantee you it wasn't mine and I didn't order it. I have a theory how this was sent." The prescription for London was from a doctor who describes himself as a "hormone therapist." Findlay's came from the Florida clinic where former Baltimore Orioles outfielder Jay Gibbons received banned drugs, the magazine reported.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This will send a bolt through the track and field world.

Everyone will wonder which one is usain juice.

Damn, I can't figure which.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Usan wasn't juiced. I think he's just that damn fast.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Greek gods ain't that fast.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Gotta love SportsJournalists.com. A site full of "journalists" and we just love to make unsubstantiated accusations of steroid use.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I heard Tony LaRussa called Bolt about being a pinch runner for the Cardinals.

7. outofplace

I wondered which of the Cubs' fanboys would take it there.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Just playin'.

9. outofplace

I know it, just as I knew that joke was coming.

10. Nobody's putting it in the New York Times. But if you aren't skeptical of any Olympic performance these days, you aren't doing your job in this profession.

11. outofplace

Skeptical is one thing. We tend to go beyond that. But we have had this debate before. People are entitled to their opinions. I am entitled to my belief that we should be better than that.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hey, that's my schtick.

Draft saved Draft deleted