1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jake Scott piece

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Columbo, Nov 19, 2006.

1. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

hey, i think it's wrong to use the actual name of a real number.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Now you're just being childish. Don't lecture the rest of us about perspective, ethics and morality and then respond with this crap when you're criticized.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

I don't want to distract from this thread, either, but I gotta say, that's fucked up, non-Henry. I imagine most (living) guys would be pretty pissed if someone was posting here using their name. Some dead ones, too.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's happened here a couple of times. Then the real person signed on and put those people in their place.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Ha! I'd like to see you impersonate Katz. That would be fun.

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

Well, first you'll need a giant fucking head. Then you'll need to add to its natural mass by putting a flat cap on top of it and a neck brace around the base of it. And then you'll need to sit in front of me at every goddamn fight I've ever been to.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Henry Hecht was immortalized by Sparky Lyle -- the Letitia Baldrige of the clubhouse -- in "The Bronx Zoo" when he criticized him for pissing and writing at the same time.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

He also had several big hit records back in the late '50s and early '60s. I've always been fond of "Burning Bridges" and "Leroy" in particular.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's some funny--but wrong--shit. I read a post by HenryHecht a few weeks ago and I was thinking, "That can't be Henry Hecht. I don't know the guy, but there was no way that is him." It was mostly based on what I have heard from others about Henry Hecht from when he covered the Yankees. You should nuke the screen name. Others might think you're him. That's just wrong.

Wasn't Hecht the guy who got Billy Martin saying, "One's a liar, the other's convicted" (about Reggie Jackson and George Steinbrenner)?

11. jaredk

jaredk Member

He said it during a Chicago airport conversation with Henry and Murray Chass, and both reported it. Martin said of Jackson, "He's a born liar." Then, bringing George III in, he said, "They deserve each other. One's a born liar, the other's convicted."

Draft saved Draft deleted