1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jake Plummer to call it quits?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Mar 2, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You have to have an enemy. That way you get involved in flame wars, making you more memorable come time to vote for member of the year.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Except in worked in reverse in 2006 -- DyePack, honorable mention All-SportsJournalists.com. Besides, I don't see anyone as an enemy.

3. Really nice, dude.

4. I'm not anyone's enemy.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh I'm just trying to have fun. Sheesh.

I thought a guy whose side sig pictures a kid taking a dump would have a better sense of humour.

6. My humor is just fine. I don't need to try and bolster it by crossing a line and talking about someone else's family.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh Clubber, please pick up the white courtesy phone.....

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I assumed that was a Seinfeld reference. You know, the show the board voted as better than the Simpsons a few years back?

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, Hanky Goon, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

10. Well, my wife's in a coma so, no, I didn't find it very funny.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

They played together at ASU together, correct? And didn't Plummer do something different (can't remember what it was) in memory of him after he died? I'm not saying what his mother said is right or wrong, but it's not like she's just throwing out a random thing. It seems that they were pretty close.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They played together with Arizona too. Plummer tried to wear an armband with Tillman's number on after he died, but the NFL told him no (shock of shocks there). The two (allegedly) were very close friends.

Draft saved Draft deleted