1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jake Plummer to call it quits?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

So two first-round losses since 1984. OK, you got me. I'm the arrogant one. ::)

2. No shit. Oz is one of the classier guys here. Except for when it comes to the Steelers. ;)

3. Keep quotin' the history, pal ...

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What Ellis said, and it's high time the conversation got back to Jake and not those suck-ass Jayhawks :D

5. The guy's frequently baiting and sniping at me ... no need for the pile on.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Uhh...you're the one who is calling Kansas chokers based on the last two years. Those two losses also, apparently, happen to be their only first round losses since 1984. So how is he the arrogant one quoting the history when you're the one daring him to quote the history?

Oz is such a solid dude he even rooted for my alma mater last weekend. Unlike Flying Headbutt, who revels in my torment. That fuckface!!! :D :D :D What's that? He's a moderator now? Oh. ALL HAIL FLYING HEADBUTT!!! MARYLAND RULEEZZZZZZ!!!!

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not sure when I frequently bait and snipe. I might say SEC West teams suck (because they do, but I did eat crow on the SEC Tournament thread today) and I might stick up for my beloved Jayhawks' early chokes (because they went from 1984 to 2005 before another first round NCAA Tournament loss, which is amazing given the very nature of the tournament).

Otherwise, I'm stumped as to what you're talking about.

8. Didn't know you were so easily stumped ...

You took some unsolicited shots at me during the wrestling thread a while back, which I ignored ... another thread I don't remember and then the comment here ...

I made a joke in response. You liked it or you didn't. You like me or you don't. I don't really care but you've always taken a shot at me first, which is fine, but don't claim innocent to all your friends when I take a shot back.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Don't remember the wrestling thread, which I visit weekly, after RAW usually. And the joke about KU's early exits has been done so many times that I've finally started to refute it now that the NCAA Tournament is about to get under way.

And I'm not claiming innocence, by any means. Yeah, I made a crack at a first-day post on a second-day story when you brought this thread back. No disputing that. But when you made a comment about the Jayhawks, you had to know there would be a response, which you got. And so it went. Happens.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow. Oz has an enemy.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I didn't know it was possible.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Only took 10,000-plus posts. Is this your "Flavor of Oz" formula at work?

Draft saved Draft deleted