1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jake Peavy, wuss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, May 21, 2009.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ask Javier Vazquez.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Does Home-Run Javy really get an opinion?

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

If he's so afraid of pitching in the AL, why in the hell would he have two AL teams on the list of teams he'd like to be traded to?

You're just angry he didn't want to play for your team. Can't say I blame him, recent history aside.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Holy shit, Waylon, it's like we're back in the primaries.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Waylon, hypothetically let's say you're right. As a Sox fan, I wouldn't want him if that's the case (although I'm not sure it is).

I've talked myself into thinking this could be a blessing in disguise by looking at his home/road splits, his injury history and his lack of playoff success (although that's probably unfair based on it being such a small sample size). Although I do think that him coming to the Sox would have put them right back in the playoff race.

6. Well, even beyond this year, I think that he was a solid anchor for the staff for the next few years. If he ends up accepting a trade to another American League team, then I'll soften my stance. But if that's really the reason - and didn't Axelrod indicate that earlier in the day - then, sorry, but that just doesn't speak highly about him as a competitor.

And not sure what is so hilarious about Chicago being a great summer city? It absolutely is. It sucks in the winter, no question. But in the summer? I mean, c'mon. We're talking about one of America's best and biggest cities. Not sure why this is in dispute?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hmmm

San Diego ? or Chicago?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Never been there, so I can't say one way or the other on the best part. It is one of the biggest. How exactly does that qualify as the best summer city in the U.S.?

Sorry, there's nothing to back up your stance at all.

9. JakeandElwood

Oh, and before I realized he had two AL teams on his no trade list I was with you, Waylon.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Chicago IS one of the best summer cities in America (I'm not sure what Waylon's criteria is, but whatever it is, Chicago's definitely got it.)

San Diego, however, compares favorably to any city in the country. It's hardly a no-brainer to say Chicago is a better place to be, for a ballplayer or anyone else. There are a lot of plusses to both places.

11. mb

mb Active Member

A whole $35? I'm not sure that's gonna get it done. ;D

12. JakeandElwood

I had heard it was actually almost $40 million. So hopefully they'll be able to get somebody else who can make an impact via trade or free agency.

Draft saved Draft deleted