1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaguars to partially abandon that hellhole Jacksonville

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Are they going to change the pronunciation of their nickname to "Jag-you-are"?

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It is not lost on me that the team that will be playing multiple games in London is from the city named for the guy who kicked the British out of America once and for all.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Wow. Hondo and Coldcat. I now unofficially know 2 people that don't mind Duval Co.'s main city.

4. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Anyone can praise or shit all over any city.
    Every damn one has its bad parts and redeeming aspects.
    How people view it says more about their general attitude than it does the city.
    Jacksonville might be a Triple-A town, but it sure seems to get Triple-A trolls.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

And we'd gladly give them back, the games have been a disaster - on the field and especially at the gate. The gameday experience at Ralph Wilson Stadium is always great, in Toronto it's anything but.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

The World League of American Football is back. The thing that is soooo surprising is how quickly the Jacksonville community has turned its back on pro football after so many years of begging for one. I remember when they bent over backwards trying to get the Colts and other franchises.
    I know college football rules Northeast Florida, but I never thought the idea of playing four games out of the country would appeal to the Jags.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's not an issue of sucking. It's an issue of attendance. There's a reason they don't have the Packers or Steelers or Cowboys or Redskins playing home games over there...

9. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Those organizations also would never give their fans this kind of swift kick in the nuts.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the majority of the games that have been played in other countries (I'm not counting Canada) have been home games involving Florida teams that don't draw very well. I know the Rams are going to be playing games there... I don't remember whose home game the Cardinals-Niners game that was in Mexico was, but neither team was drawing at the time...

You'll never see a NFC East team forced to play a home game there. There are really probably only 6-8 teams where doing this would even be a question. Right now the list is probably, the three Florida teams. I could see them doing it to Cincy. Maybe they'd do it to Minnesota or Oakland. I don't think they would do it to Detroit because the league is pretty careful with its relationship with the Ford Family.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

What community turned its back on the Jaguars? Tampa and Miami don't sellout and nothing gets written. A lazy narrative from the uninformed.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Facts would get in the way of their anti-Jax rants. Jacksonville routinely beats the pants off the Bucs and the Dolphins in total attendance, yet, no one makes references to the L.A. Bucs or the L.A. Dolphins.

Draft saved Draft deleted