1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaguars to partially abandon that hellhole Jacksonville

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

In order to play multiple home games in London, beginning next season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8286397/report-jacksonville-jaguars-play-multiple-home-games-london-starting-2013

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Do the English use the same words for "tarp" and "blackout"?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really see the Jacksonville Jaguars "brand" blowing up world wide as a result of this.

(And, I'm not one to normally make fun of "brands" but, you have to have something to work with, to grow a brand. The Jags do not have much to work with.)

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Will they have to purchase their own seats in London like they do at home to ensure there is no blackout?

5. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

The English will love the courageous Blaine Gabbert.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good for them. The British love the novelty act of American football and it's one less home date the Jaguars have to sell.

I know there's been talk about putting a franchise overseas, but I don't see it happening real soon. This will be as close as it gets. The Cowboys may some day again become America's Team. But perhaps the Jaguars can become Britain's team. I sure do wish they'd change the logo and colors, though.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see how many of those home games are regular season ones.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Story said one per year for the four years. Might be good. Give the Brits some familiar faces, instead of two different teams every year.

The Buffalo Bills have played one regular season game each year in Toronto for several years now.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The U.K. are our closest allies ... and we give them this shit?

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

And everyone in Buffalo/WNY hates Ralph and company for it. But, if that's what it takes to keep the Bills in WNY, than I'm for it for now.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, if you gave them New York or Washington, the common fan might have a chance of knowing who was playing.

It's sort of like, oh, Liverpool and someone playing soccer in the States. Fair trade, eh?

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually, it's more iike some shitty third-division Welsh beer league team playing in the states.

Draft saved Draft deleted