1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaguars beat writer, Jacksonville, Fla.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, May 7, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This one is about done (not Dunn as in Adam Dunn - sorry he has two HR tonight and is dominating my thoughts).

Looks like Tania Ganguli will be making a move from Orlando to Jacksonville. She's been doing racing and Magic in Orlando, used to do some Jags. I'm pretty sure Orlando now does some content sharing with Jax on Jags stuff, so she'll still have Jags bylines in the Orlando paper.

2. dcdream

dcdream Member

Moles report it is done. Congrats to her.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Congrats to Tania, who was always great in my limited dealings with her.

4. Lynn_Hoppes

Lynn_Hoppes Member

Tania is a great talent who works very hard and is very diligent about her work.
    She understands and utilizes social media to get her message out.
    She will do very well on that beat.

5. valpo87

valpo87 Guest

Does that mean we might see a posting for covering the Orlando Magic? [crosses fingers]

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Orlando expects to be able to fill her spot.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nothing against Tania, who I'm sure coming from The Sentinel, is great.

I'm really surprised they didn't hire the other finalist, who has a pretty damn good NFL resume and has ties to the Times-Union.

That said, I will never, ever doubt the abilities of someone who comes from Orlando, considering the success rate of those writers is about 99 percent.

8. Tim Stephens

Tim Stephens Member

Tania did great work in Orlando and I'm looking forward to seeing her continued success working for my friend, Chet Fussman, at the Times Union. Covering the NFL is a great opportunity for her.

I expect we will be able to fill the position. I will post a full description when I get the final approval.

If you want to know more, e-mail me at sentinelsportseditor@gmail.com.

9. Mizzougrad96

Hire Tim Povtak back.

10. otownguy

otownguy New Member

There are lots of local writers who have been writing about the Magic the two past seasons. Maybe the Sentinel will pick one up for cheap?

11. Mizzougrad96

After the Sentinel hired Jeff Shain (great hire) it gave hope to journalists across the country that the paper actually now hires people over the age of 25. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted